Sunday, April 25, 2010

West Prong Blooms











This afternoon was a wonderful time for walking! As I made my way about a mile into this walk I was overcome with a flood aromas from blooms, new plants and moist soil from yesterdays rain. The flavors that arrested my sense of smell were powerful and caught my attention more than once along this 4.5 ml hike. I guess you'll have to see for yourself if you're in the area in the next few weeks.










A strong wind was diminished by the terrain making it a cooling pleasant breeze full of spring smells on the trail. With it's smooth sound through the trees the wind was also very soothing as my eyes noted the varying shadows and contrast in each view along the route.
The Crested Dwarf Iris was still prominent in places with numerous other blooms occurring or on the verge of doing so. I saw the back end of a bear as it tried to remain unseen by quickly dashing into some cover about a mile out of #18 on my return trip. What a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the comments fairly clean.