Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Blooms Along The Trail











Blooms along Chestnut Top trail that is and mostly along the first two or three hundred yards up from the Townsend 'Y'. It was a great day with light rain and a late afternoon start I saw only two folks as they were making the final descent back to their vehicle.
This being the case the trail was quiet except for raindrops and my occasional laughter from the joy I felt walking in the rain over the next 2 hours. With the flatness of sound from the steady rain and my breathing times like this are exceptional opportunities to utilize ones visual awareness and practice looking off the trail frequently and into the trees for wildlife.










This is a practice to which I attribute a large part of the visuals I have put on bears and other animals. If I am staring at my feet for 5 miles I'm wasting opportunity's to see the lizard on the log or the bear quietly moving off the trail to avoid being seen. Saw neither today...seems they had a enough sense. The trail is currently loaded with various wild blooms here are a few. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the comments fairly clean.