Sunday, March 14, 2010

Today Was Sunday





So today I get out in a light rain w/ temperatures in the mid 50's, to do a couple of miles on the West Prong loop. As I'm walking out of the parking lot I notice 2 of the 3 cars there are from Indiana, and the third from Mississippi. Hmmm? I say to myself, "wonder if these folks are day hiking". As I approached the first streams coming off the steep gorges on the left I see this wood sitting as it is in the picture, and I chuckle.
The trail was slippery and quiet, with no human contact and a soft rain the meditative qualities of the walk were wonderful! In a few weeks it's going to be getting so green and w/ so many shades of green, it'll be much to wonder at, the degree of change in such a short time. Looking forward to it!
OK, so after I return to my car and I am getting my boots off; there's still a light rain falling, some folks pull up and begin getting some stuff out of their vehicle. I notice the one guy's got jeans on. as there are two adults and a young teen, and they start pulling out plastic trash bags and putting them on for rain gear. Once their "rain suits" are in place they gather up the paper and plastic bags they had in the car and began walking up the trail. I silently wish them luck....noticing the tag on the car is from Indiana, I wonder if they'll pick up the wood sitting on the log. Once in my car I chuckle out loud! Peace and Safe hiking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the comments fairly clean.