Sunday, March 7, 2010

It's Was New




So today I decide to locate and follow a foot trail I spotted on my return yesterday along Lumber Ridge trail, and see what "new, unexplored" territory Junior Ranger Fife, that's me, can find! Well after being on it for about 10 minutes it became pretty clear where I was going to end up which was on Buckeye T. near the water tower. I made some adjustments in my plans and continued towards the Spruce Flat Falls w/ the intention of bushwhacking; which I later learned was not necessary, to end up above the falls. Being someone who prefers an easier softer route I tend to over think some situations and add to the work. Well, I added some work to this effort however it was a challenge successfully met and I ended up locating the old road/railway, the difficult way, coming off of Meigs Mtn. and continues; I was later told by two gentleman who passed me along the way, on past to one of the one-lane bridges on Tremont rd.








Dudes! and Dudettes! What awesome falls up above the main batch! The section of falls which most people see especially in the summer needs to stay that way. In the summer you can't even see much above the main section and for the novice hiker the visible section should suffice. I look forward to learning more of this area and using what I picked up to today to travel new paths. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the comments fairly clean.