Friday, March 5, 2010

Blue Friday


Blue skies this Friday! On The walk up School House gap trail it was cold for a short section, say the first 1/8th of a mile or so. Then it warmed up and was quite pleasant 40's w/ sunshine, even in the sink. The trail was slippery and soft with melting snow and some mud.
And Dude! It was a good feeling as I found a spot in the sun in White Oak sinks beside a rock pile and remnants of old iron stove and I got still. It was extremely peaceful and I appreciated the time for quick personal assessment. Some birds were messing around. There were small ones, and I saw a Magpie as well as a large game bird I could not identify though it remained relatively close moving from tree to tree.
This walk probably covers close to 4 mls. over moderate terrain. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the comments fairly clean.