Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Snowy Trails


This walk was really cool with several inches of snow already on the ground and some falling as I walked a familiar trail made new again by the snow cover. I was the first on the trail even though a couple was putting their boots on when I arrived. Their out of state tag and blue jeans, indicated to me that they were gonna enjoy the day as much as I was, probably. My route along the West Prong trail was similar to others. I took the trail to campsite #18, sat on a rock in the stream, returned to the spur about halfway back and followed it along it's untouched snow cover.
I was on this trail because access to trail heads was limited w/ the roads in the park closed as they were yesterday around mid-day. The weather is probably going to allow melting over the next few days w/ re-freezing occurring overnight. HP willing I'll be out again Wednesday looking for a new route. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the comments fairly clean.