Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Bears with Cubs



Dudes! and Dudettes!! I went for walk hoping I'd see a bear and planned a route on which I often see them. Yesterday was no exception. I was barely a mile into my walk when I heard some shuffling in the forest below and beside me, I saw a mo mma bear busting it down the side of the mountain while her two cubs were quickly scooting up separate trees. The pictures are of the first family I saw and I know they are not closeups but they were not very still for long at all and I got what I could. I say this because another mile plus up the trail I heard some shuffling on a small rise to my right and I quickly determined it was not a squirrel. After sitting still for a few minutes and listening to the movement I spotted another adult bear off to my left on the knob of this ridge line. Then directly in front of me I see a little black ear just above the underbrush which was attached to a little black bear cub and then another cub briefly shows itself as it made its way through the seemingly tall brush. "Seemingly" to the cubs as the brush was only like knee high.
I am reluctant to name the trail however if you leave a comment or contact me I'll likely give up the information on where these bears were walking. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the comments fairly clean.