Thursday, August 11, 2011

Eagle Creek and the GSMNP









Dudes
and
Dudettes! What a great hike I went on this last week. The "Mysterious One" and I spent the last five days in the GSMNP backpacking covering a bunch of miles, new trails for both of us, and encountering few people throughout the time out. The highlight was the fourth day out which included a very appreciative walk up Eagle Creek trail from our previous nights stay on Fontana lake at site #90. Dang, I loved that trail, and the stream crossings, and the steep grade the last two miles (almost 1000'/ml.), and the complete lack of other humans. Really. The reports of dangerous stream crossings, I felt, were completely exaggerated for the experienced, or even "somewhat experienced" hiker. This picture is of the second crossing which closely mirrored the first. I look forward to doing it again. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the comments fairly clean.