Sunday, July 31, 2011

Mushrooms along the way



Today dudes and dudettes, well yesterday, I walked along the West Prong trail to campsite #18. There were some folks setting up camp and we talked briefly about fishing and the VIP program. This after he asked if he could help me, maybe thinking I was lost, and rightfully so, as I wandered around the campsite checking on its condition. I was acting as a recruiter after I explained briefly what I was doing, for this vital park program.
The mushrooms and related fungi, are coming into "bloom" with different colors, sizes and shapes. These were happening along the main trial and the loop route which I followed on the way out. These are some of those remarkable small parts of the vast system we are also, only a tiny part of. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the comments fairly clean.