Saturday, May 30, 2009

Meigs Creek


This walk began at approx. 7am Saturday morning with temps in the low 50's, and quiet misty mountains to appreciate. When parking at the Meigs Creek trail head along the Lil' Rvr. rd. just before the hour their were no others present. I began this 7.5 ml. RT w/ the understanding that I may be turned back at some point due to recent rains and the numerous stream crossings along this route, though with careful rock hopping I made it across all the streams, dry. The quieting moisture was thick in the air and on the ground making for a soft trail and little noise so the birds singing and being heard were rather prominent.
At the junction w/ Lumber Ridge and Meigs Mtn. trails I continued for a short distance in one direction or another locating one of interest which I'll walk soon. Hopefully w/ likity or "the mysterious one".
There were some great colors in bloom and maybe a rare plant or two, or maybe not, along this path.
As I returned I reminded myself of the continued need for care when rock hopping only to bust it on the second stream!! Damn near breaking a my middle finger in the roll and "semi-great save" from the water. Another great day in the woods to among other things, enjoy the colors and shapes while contemplating the need for conservancy and the responsibility I have as a human to do so! Peaace.
The pictures in the last entry and this one are from different trails and days! Aaaah! the ferns!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the comments fairly clean.