Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Walking in The Clouds on Tues. 4/14/09


Tuesday I left the house after checking the weather radar and it looked like the rain was through. Though becoming somewhat more aware of the micro-climate(s) here in these mountains I wore my rain suit over my poly's and it turned out to be a good decision.
After dropping some paperwork off at a friends on Rich Mtn. road I continued up to the trail head and walked the familiar trail in rain and cloud cover. At times my visibility was probably less than 30 yards. All these elements made for an interesting hike by making the familiar walk a new experience.
At and around site #5 I saw what appears to be damage from boars unlike I've seen before, which doesn't mean much as I've only been a "regular" here for the last 18 months, but whatever it was had torn up some soil. All indications of the damage indicated boar.
The visual field dimmed by the clouds sitting on the mountain and the noise level muted by the soft ground cover from the rain made it an almost suspenseful hike. As I walked the "flat affect" was broken by beautiful blooms and a ground hog which I startled going up and coming back down the trail. Great day for walk. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the comments fairly clean.