Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Flowers


The blooms have begun in the Smokies! I only know the names of a few though the pictures here will give you a very small glimpse of the already awesome beauty that's being enhanced by the spring flowers. These were taken along my walk today OTG. I went back in almost as far as I did the first time; which I did without a clue as to where I was headed (end of July, '07), and I was grateful I made it out of here then, after seeing the route again today. There is still relatively little undergrowth at this time and It was rockin' w/ full streams, blooms everywhere in multitudes, and the only folks I encountered were walking out about a mile into the walk. There were five stream crossings and I turned around at the sixth. Three of these require some agility and balance. This route follows an old railroad path from the logging that took place here before the park was established.
To do my part in protecting an area from too much traffic I will not give the location of this hike on this site. Though I will type this....Join me next time and experience the appreciation. Peace.

1 comment:

Please keep the comments fairly clean.