Thursday, February 12, 2009

The New Campsite


This started out as mid morning walk of 4 miles or so to see where the new #26 campsite was located. The Middle Prong was flowing strong and I was rewarded w/ PC skies and a temperature in the 50's, as this walk turned into an 8 mile day hike. Proceeding up MP to Indian Flat Falls and turning around. Well I had obviously misunderstood the information as the new campsite has not been established yet, though the location I was expecting to find it was correct. I learned this after speaking w/ a friend and park volunteer quite familiar w/ backcountry camping and trails in the park. I guess they're waiting on the seasonal workers to come on "the clock" to develop the new sites. And I say sites because there are several other backcountry sites being closed, moved and/or developed. For more information check the new maps due out in July, the web site, and ask at a backcountry office located a the visitor centers. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the comments fairly clean.