Sunday, February 15, 2009

Chestnut Top on Saturday the 14th


This 8.6 ml. RT started at the Townsend 'Y', parking area alongside the Little River. What was different about this hike today was that I went ahead and completed the 4.3 ml. one way from the 'Y', to the junction w/ the School House Gap trail, and the number of people, 7,; and one domestic animal, I passed. Yes, the second couple of folks who I crossed paths w/ had one of those "large poodles" w/ them. Not sure what kind of dog it was though I do know that it was not providing any needed assistance to the man who had it and it DID NOT belong in the park! After greeting them; turns out I knew one of them through mutual friends, I pointed out that it was illegal to have the dog on the trails and that he could get a big ticket/fine if caught.
Now folks I do have a problem w/ you putting me at a higher risk of encountering a tired, hungry, and angry bear, which is what you do, when you carry your useless, domestic, overgrown, lap dog into the woods of this and any other wilderness area. It is Against the Law, a federal law that applies to all of us.
Well I got over it and developed a packaged comment for the next person I see doing this which will sound like this..."Oh, and be careful there's a couple of rangers just starting some work at the trailhead you'll be coming out at"...hee,hee,hee.
Along the way I saw bunches of Squirrels foraging for grub in the "warm weather" and despite the quiet trails I could not get close enough for a good picture.
This trail could be part of several one way routes provided you have the transportation and is enjoyable as a RT for the views, rock formations, and wildlife. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the comments fairly clean.