Sunday, December 21, 2008

Hidden Springs (Thurs. 12/18)




Hector's place is benefiting from the abundant rainfalls along the Cumberland Plateau and the surrounding regions over the last month or so. I learned how to shell corn during my short visit, as a "Woofer", Ian, and I worked a sheller/grinder and shelled several bags of dried corn. Know anyone w/ strong farming experience who wants a low stress position?
The efforts on protecting this area are still in the process. These pictures are of some of the same spots shown in blog entries from July-September, just type "Hidden Springs", in the box located in the upper left of the screen on this site and see the similarities and changes. Damn I like this place! The 1.5 mls. I probably hiked were easy to difficult and challenging. It had rained all night and through the morning and so the steep hillsides were very loose (made several "great saves") as I climbed to the top of the pinnacle and then descended the other side to view other cascading falls. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the comments fairly clean.