Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Afternoon Stroll OTG

Today was another great day for an afternoon walk. Weather in the mountains was probably in the mid to upper 50's, clear skies, streams full of water! I was getting into a "bad spot" mentally from thinking and pondering about life events too much so I went out for a 3+ mile stroll OTG. The only folks I passed were at the beginning of this peaceful route along this noisy prong seen in the picture here.
Despite any concerns I may be having this walk takes them away completely...for a little while, and after doing this these concerns are not as strong as they once seemed. Trying to figure out the best "rock hopping" path over a full stream or paying attention to wild life around me as I enter an area of forest that is not frequented by the novice hiker distracts me from the "human-made reality" which surrounds me. Jobs, school, cars, war, mediocrity...Yes! give me more....time for solitude. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the comments fairly clean.