Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Big Deer


Hello, this walk was a short (approx. 3+mls.) RT, up and along Chestnut Top trail beginning at the 'Y'.
The temperature was in the 50's, w/ sunny skies when on a southwest facing ridge. The trail was extremely quiet w/ the recent rains softening the fallen leaves. As I walked I saw squirrels, birds, bear skat, and this large deer showed himself on the last section of the walk. I heard him and some other animals moving in a ravine below and I stood and listened as he drew closer coming up to access the trail. He saw me shortly after coming out on to the trail but showed no concern and casually began walking the other direction. This has been an invigorating hike each time I've taken it, be it from the variety of animals seen or simply the difficulty of the first 1/2ml+ coming from the 'Y'.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks goooooood girl! Been out lately? Would you like to add to the blog as an author?

    ReplyDelete

Please keep the comments fairly clean.