Saturday, September 6, 2008

Along The Trail


Well OK, it's no big thing. I saw one Bear about 6 miles down the trail where I had seen the two noted on this blog, w/ pictures, July 19th. I was on the same route of that previous entry only at opposite ends of it and nearing the end of my 6 mile RT walk. Fresh and frequent bear scat was seen beginning about 1.5 mls up the trail from the parking area though the bear seen here was closer.

The trail was dusty and dry yet water was still flowing in the stream, what say, about a quarter of a mile before campsite #5. The water source at the campsite may have had water but I could not find it. I say "may have" because I'm still not sure if I'm looking in the right area where the sign points me. Maybe these Tropical storms and Hurricanes will spare our friends on the coastlines and bring us some moisture in the form of rain. I did find, and carry out, a crushed bud light can, a power bar wrapper, and some assorted plastic garbage. Including a sign warning of bear activity that had been torn off a tree and left in little pieces. Hmmm? Peace

1 comment:

  1. Dude, like the pictures, the large leaning tree in the one w/ the bear gives awesome perspective about size, color, and distance, and not just of the bear.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep the comments fairly clean.