Saturday, June 16, 2012

Bird

I volunteer at the GSMNP and have been asked by more than one traveler from afar, "where can I go to see all the birds", as if we have them, the birds, on call somewhere. I've even listened to visitors talk of how disappointed they were at not seeing all "the birds" they had heard about and not being a "birder" myself I can only ask like where they've tried, did they walk out of a parking lot into the woods, and what kind of birds they're looking for?. Mainly to be polite and figure out who I am gonna ask for assistance. Now I say that to say this... damn near each time I go walking in the woods I see or hear birds if I stop and listen. Pretty near every time I am in the woods if I shut down my thinker and open myself to the sounds around me I will hear and see many things close by. I'll admit that is not always easy; shutting up, shutting down, and listening, and initially it requires some effort on my part. This bird was fishing in the West Prong of the Little River on Thursday. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the comments fairly clean.