Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Amongst the Crowds

Dudes and Dudettes! What an awesome afternoon hike I got yesterday! I was able to walk a trail(WProng) close by my residence and found the trailhead parking empty of other vehicles and along the trail I was not having to step over a bunch of horseshit. There are days, like Sunday, when I choose to find another trail to hike because my first choice began with piles of horseshit and this takes away from the appreciation of other things when I am frequently reminded by the sight and smell of this stuff and that I need to watch where I step. Backcountry fees charged for the hiker should be less than half of what the charge for horse usage on these trails even if that means raising the cost for overnight stays involving horses or a daily fee for horses. If not for the threat of the entry of non-native species from the horseshit then charge more for the trail damage these equestrians cause. So, where was I...? Oh, right. Awesome peacefulness on this 4ml hike, lots of blooms still blooming, beautiful songs by the birds to listen to, relatively pleasant temperatures and a nice breeze. In one of these pictures you'll see where an animal has been digging into a rotting log for some grub. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the comments fairly clean.