Friday, February 26, 2010

Back In The Woods Again!


Hello happy hikers! Ok, I'm at least happy myself because I got back in the forest today for a short 3 mile excursion to begin my "detox" from working in the city for the last few months. Uuuuggh!! This walk OTG was extremly quiet due to the snow which still covered the trail most of the way. The temperature was around freezing with bright sun and little wind where I was walking. Heard reports of early morning temps around Cades Cove in the teens. I'm looking forward to enjoying the trails as the winter continues to wander on and local hikers are the only folks along them, making for frequent solitude. My stress levels have noticeably dropped since walking and so I think I better do it again tomorrow. Haaaaaa! Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the comments fairly clean.