Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Wild Life at Work


Whoa! Work for me the last ten days included flying to NYC. Driving back which was OK when coming through southern VA where the mountains were close and I met some AT through hikers hanging out in the shade of some trees in front of a market we stopped at about 52 miles north of Bristol. They had covered over 500 mls from 'Springer' and were enjoying the break from the rain; which one of them mentioned had been happening pretty consistently since they began, and the increase in daily mileage covered since it had let up over the last few days. The Market at which they had stopped provided computer, printer, and fax access to through hikers! Pretty Cool!
After getting to Nashville, my work took me to Bonnaroo where I spent the next 5 days working and watching, experiencing and learning more about the human species need for food, recognition, and entertainment. Maybe some of y'all were there or have been, it was my first time. Didn't see many animals though saw lots of wild life and some of the unfortunate tolls paid by those who chose to participate at higher levels.

Most folks I'm sure had fun as I did with working and plannning the solitude I'll find this weekend backpacking. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the comments fairly clean.