Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring into Wild Life!


The weather is taking a step towards the warmer seasons, at least during the day. Small blooms are starting to emerge at different elevations so enjoy the vistas while you got 'em and prepare for the equally wondrous spectrum of colors just beginning. This walk along Rich Mtn. trail (Saturday 3/21), and a short part of Indian Grave Gap trail, over to the site of the former fire tower, was done so in partly cloudy skies and temperatures in the mid 60's. The trail was in good shape and I encountered no one over the 5ml+ route I chose.
On the return trip, after carefully reviewing my maps, I dropped OTG about a quarter mile down from campsite #5, and into a Steep ravine which brought me to the stream shown on the map. I bushwacked fairly easily, keeping the stream close by for reference, out to the Rich mtn. rd, coming out of Cades Cove, where the stream crosses over the road. I went right at the road crossing about a 1/2 ml. to the parking area picking up empty cans and bottles along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the comments fairly clean.