Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Bote Mountain with Views




Now I've hiked all or portions of this trail several times but never w/ the leaves completely gone. Dude! at a couple of points I could see into Cades Cove from the Bote Mtn. trail!(top picture).
There were great views on the other side of the trail across the valley to Defeat Ridge and New World.
The trail was muddy in places and as I gained elevation; which is all this trail does from Laurel Creek rd. to the AT, the snow cover became more full and in places was still 6 or more inches deep. I made my turn around at the Lead Cove trail intersection. This made for a 9 mile RT hike from the parking area at the trailhead on Laurel Creek road. I would rate this trail as moderate to difficult depending on your health and experience because of the consistent incline for the entire length (7.9mls) and often rough, dual us trail. The stream running down below along side Defeat Ridge was noisy with water and kept enticing me to do an impromptu bushwack but my wiser side ruled and I chose to save that for another day w/ a partner. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the comments fairly clean.