Monday, January 28, 2019

Cades Cove....on a beautiful January morning.

Wow! Dudes and Dudettes!! I usually have an aversion to using Cades Cove for any reason other than to access trailheads for hiking and backpacking. However this morning as I was driving into the park to do some hiking it came to me that this would be a good day to go into the Cove and check it out. Being that it is one of few times in the year when visitor numbers are low, it's Monday, which is usually the lightest day of the week of any season, and it was early.



After immediately running into a small "traffic jam", caused by some grazing male deer, things went smoothly. Damn, I am glad I don't do this route in the summer!
There are numerous turn outs to let people pass which I used a few times. I also got out and walked a few times enjoying the beautiful views, cool air while in the fields and around some of the maintained homesteads.
I'd encourage anyone who can, to enjoy the beautiful views and history of Cades Cove, during this time of the year. Before the schools begin going to spring breaks and then again before schools break for the summer.
I really enjoyed this time in Cades Cove, and not being in a hurry to get some where I got to pay  closer attention to the terrain and the road. 

1 comment:

  1. Monday, in the winter, when school is in session. Got it! I might want to do one of the car free days too. (Bike it?)

    ReplyDelete

Please keep the comments fairly clean.