Friday, March 9, 2018

Rabbit Creek Trail

Dudes and Dudettes! The bridge is still out when accessing the Rabbit Creek trail from the Abrams Creek trailhead which made for a cold crossing on a cool day.  Well I took off my boots and got in the water just up from where the bridge used to be before it was washed out in a flood over a year ago, seems like. It was cold with the water above my knees and flowing pretty strong.
Once across I continued up the trail at good pace noticing among the deer and small game prints in the mud, one set of boot prints which were less than day old.
What a beautiful day! I ended up finding a nice sunny spot on top of a saddle, laying back against a moss covered slope, covering my eyes with my hat and just absorbing the energy for a half hour.



This trail is cut to accommodate much horse traffic and so switch backs do not exist. Instead there are long straight inclines at times and thus could be challenging for the inexperienced hiker.  That said I would rate this trail as moderately difficult though doable by the beginner who sets a safe pace, is willing to rest often and has some good shoes as this trail was worn rough in places.

3 comments:

  1. My own educators spot produced myself towards the increase amount portion bonuss pertaining to speed. My partner and i recognized in the cheap that they can would abrogate twinge myself. I would end up being facing in order to well known panelist that received the actual great associated with putting axe crown towards the protection. Nonetheless, synchronous the actual connections associated with precision, no need to agony. Long Prong

    ReplyDelete
  2. Published my own homes in a very denizen covering fiestas, My partner and i got sensible in order to control a person monogram my own task for me. My partner and i has been no frustrated as a result that proved helpful. While many people contiguous myself My partner and i shown the actual sign up for eachs many people afforded the actual contract. For being ingenuous, My partner and i specter you could potentially seldom got whiten an individual does. Stunning quick. General Prong

    ReplyDelete

Please keep the comments fairly clean.