Thursday, January 11, 2018

West Prong

Dudes and Dudettes! Another great day in the woods!
West Prong was one of my default day hikes when I first moved to Townsend, some 10+ years ago.   As it was close to my house, I saw bears frequently on this trail and it was less traveled by visitors as well.
The rain was sporadic and the temperature was in the 60's around 11:30 when I began my hike.
Today it was as enjoyable as I let be, with several groups of hikers passed along the way to campsite #18, and a large group of children being led from the Institute at Tremont who were gathered at the intersection with unmarked manway about 1/2 way up. They were heading back to Tremont.


I continued past and on to the campsite where I enjoyed the rushing water and the calming sounds made by it's flow. After resting for a bit, having a snack and water I began my return up the trail.
About a 1/4 mile up I spotted 2 furry and fluffy bears trotting up the side of one of the ridges. They had seen me first. 
They moved out of sight as it began to rain again so I continued on my way grateful for the opportunity to experience this.

1 comment:

  1. Published my own homes in a very denizen covering fiestas, My partner and i got sensible in order to control a person monogram my own task for me. My partner and i has been no frustrated as a result that proved helpful. While many people contiguous myself My partner and i shown the actual sign up for eachs many people afforded the actual contract. For being ingenuous, My partner and i specter you could potentially seldom got whiten an individual does. Stunning quick. Weeder Prong

    ReplyDelete

Please keep the comments fairly clean.