Saturday, April 4, 2015

Lake KeoKee, in Southwest Virginia.

Wow! what a beautiful visual this lake and area provided within this portion of the Jefferson National Forest, in SW VA.














I was making my way from the Appalachian Studies Conference in Johnson City, TN which had wrapped up on Sunday and with a day to myself before the next commitment in Benham KY, on Tuesday I thought I'd hike some new areas for myself.  A search of the internet and google maps led me to this fairly easy to access part of the Jefferson NF.
I came from Big Stone Gap and 23w and my Garmin (GPS thing), kept a signal the whole way; I had written them down before leaving my hotel just in case, and though only about 15 mls from the exit off of 23w, it takes like 25 minutes do to the nature of the roads (i.e. curvy).
Facing the lake from the parking lot, where you'll find some enclosed composting toilets, I started on the trail to the left sideof the lake.
This route was fairly modest in difficulty and is a 3.7 ml. loop  around the lake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the comments fairly clean.