Friday, January 16, 2015

The Smoky Mountains

....and that's what I saw while hiking up a closed Rich Mtn rd. I chose this route because after checking the GSMNP website and twitter account where they post road conditions I had seen where the road into Cades Cove was closed at the turn for Tremont due to a rock slide on Thursday. So I thought I'd go up to the Rich Mtn trail form outside the park and as I was pulling in to park I thought, "hmm?", maybe I'll just hike back towards Cades Cove on Rich Mtn rd since it's closed.
And so I did. Must have hiked 3 or 4 miles "in through the out door",and turned around just as Cades Cove came into view. I was pretty close to where the Indian Grave Gap trial comes off of the mountain onto Rich Mtn. rd. and enjoyed the views.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the comments fairly clean.