Saturday, August 18, 2012

Natural Tunnel State Park in Virginia

Last week I spent 4 days in a lodge at this state park located in southwest Virginia, while attending a business meeting for an organization to which I belong. The park consist of 850 acres and has a few short trails to hike with no backcountry sites, given its limited size. Though it is a very beautiful area with some picturesque vistas.
The park has a swimming pool complete with a tall spiraling slide, meeting facilities which were very nice but had limited access for some cell phone services, and what I thought was a relatively good wifi connection. I hiked daily on the short trails in order to clear my thoughts and relax and it worked with views and blooms; Passion Flowers I believe, like you see in the pictures. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the comments fairly clean.