Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Last week on a Loop


This walk was taken last week and followed the Lumber Ridge Trail out of Tremont to the intersection 4mls.up the trail and then down the manway to Spruce Flat Falls. It was a quiet day with some blooms happening and I did not see anyone along the route.
I did see my first confirmed wild hog as I was coming down the manway though! Dudes and Dudettes! I stop after getting about 15 casual minutes down the trail from the intersection and stop because I am hearing something off the the right of me that ain't no squirrel. As I listen I begin to eliminate the possibilities of what the noises are coming from and I say "noises" due to fact that there are loud "thumps and cracks" coming from a couple locations close by and not so far up a ridge. Then I catch a glimpse of some thing moving which turns out to be a bunch of little tan and black piglets. A minute or three later I begin to hear this snorting sound that is getting closer and I started looking for trees to climb and other escape routes. For a few seconds I got a glimpse of a large adult boar walking through the rodo's and apparently rounding up it's little ones. A wildlife moment that I was unable to document on a film do to the foliage and and the moving animals. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the comments fairly clean.