Saturday, December 17, 2011

New Boots!!


Today I was without an excuse for not hiking, other than being lazy. For about a year or more I have been using "shoe goo" to extend the useful life of my boots that had probably 1700 plus miles on them. About a month ago they fell apart one last time and since it has been raining lately the wet trails have kinda discouraged hiking without the proper footwear. So today the fine folks at the Little River Trading Co. put me in a new pair of boots and I went for a short walk to see if they felt as good on a trail as they did on flat floors. Dudes and Dudettes! I think I made good choice; with help, in my purchase and I'll get a better feel for them as the Mysterious One will be up tomorrow to do some walking and we'll do more than the approx. 2mls I covered today.
The short walk I took today was up the Chestnut Top trail and it was a nice stroll with some cardio coming up from the Townsend 'Y' parking. Check out the picture of the Squirrel's dining area atop the stump. This was one of several I noticed along the level parts of the trail. Level? hmmm, kinda stretching it using that word as most parts of the Chestnut Top trail have some slope one way or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the comments fairly clean.