Sunday, February 20, 2011

Hiking Outlaws

So yesterday I'm rocking down Rich Mountain trail about to complete 6 mile hike and I come around a bend surprising a backpacker who's going up. We exchange greetings and he says he's surprised to see anyone so I smile and tell him there are about 8 or 10 guys who are probably heading down about now from the Indian Grave Gap/Rich Mtn. trail intersection. While speaking with him I notice his Southern Highlanders t-shirt and say "dude, Southern Highlanders, I was thinking about y'all while speaking with those folks I just mentioned." In the next few minutes we put it together and realize we had met several years ago at a New Years eve party at his place in Knoxville. Wow! what a cool thing. So we exchange photos for the blogs and websites and go are separate ways and I'm thinking damn! I should have asked what car he's driving so I could slide an ilovemountains bumper sticker under one of his wiper blades. As I approach the parking area I notice the only other car that stands out from the 4 or 5 various style SUVS, besides mine is rather small fuel efficient vehicle with a Southernhighlanders sticker on one side of the bumper ilovemountains sticker on the other side. Seeing this I smile and laugh out loud! Rock on Outlaws!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the comments fairly clean.