Thursday, January 13, 2011

Snow Walking

Dudes and Dudettes !










The snow showers continued today (1/12/11) in and close to the mountains leaving another inch or more accumulation in some spots. This after the inch or two added overnight Tuesday. Anyway, today I hiked up Rich Mtn. trail for about a mile and got some more schooling in hiking in a relatively deep snow, probably 8-10 inches, while ascending a sometimes steep path. I had plenty of fun and appreciation with and for the views I had, the small paw prints which led me up the otherwise unmarked trail; much like yesterday on the loop I walked, and the need for training in the snow.

I stopped to visit "John Deer Bill" as I drove down the Mtn. and he asked if I had already hiked because he was going to lend me some snow shoes. Now that would have been something new! And probably something I should try on level ground first because on the Rich Mtn. trail there are some tight spots where a misplaced step could have me sliding or tumbling down some steep slopes. Another awesome day for walking in the snow!

1 comment:

Please keep the comments fairly clean.