Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Lumber Ridge Loop











Dudes and dudettes! Here I was feeling like Dan'l Boone in my mind as I began this 8 mile loop at Lumber Ridge trailhead at Tremont, half of which would be covering a new path for me. Yep, that's what I was thinking until about 3 miles into the walk a group of kids from Tremont approached and from what I gathered they had come from the "uncharted" section I was about to walk! Then a little ways further along I ran into the beginning of another group which was spread out over another 1/4 mile or so and in speaking with one of the Tremont employees I confirmed they were on the same route I had planned, only from a different direction.
So much for my ego feeding plan of hiking miles of unmapped manways covered in thick rodo hells with biting bugs and large furry mammals. Oh my!
What a delight it was to see these youngsters from a large Midwestern city out on a long day hike in the Appalachian Mountains! Mixed boys and girls, ethnic backgrounds and ages.










I can only hope they enjoyed the beautiful day as much as I did! Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the comments fairly clean.