Monday, October 6, 2008

Sunday Off The Beaten Path

This short walk is another trail off the grid (OTG) which cannot be described in full otherwise it would be traveled much more than it is currently. Well, that's pretty presumptuous on my part actually, as it's not like this is the most read info blog. Yet. Still can't tell ya' over the internet! You'll have to Come see us!
This route was not planned and I covered an area I had not scene since last year when I mistakenly located this trail, OTG. I've taken a few folks into this area and others around it though I don't believe any have gotten this "up close". That's because of thick undergrowth deterring us sometimes and water levels which prevent persons who are not skilled "rock hoppers" from moving on beyond some streams and into this particular "holler". During this dry season and current drought this challenge is eliminated.
I saw a large non-venomous snake, while rock hopping my second stream which met the description of a 'Black Racer'. I gotta picture of it if you want to see. This picture of the pool of water above does not describe this scene adequately. The boulders are like the size of small cars and the pool of water even as dry as it is, was still flowing and deep enough to submerge ones body. There were several others of varying sizes and depths along this walk. Like this one below hidden on three sides by boulders and still 2 feet deep during this drought. Man! I give lots of thanks and have a lot of gratitude for this part of my life. I encourage all who have had some appreciation for the wild life to call, write, visit, and disturb your elected and non-elected officials who have a large role in what is protected and where another chain drug store etc...is built. Peace

1 comment:

  1. So, in the warmer seasons w/ some normal rainfall these pools would be deeper and sound very secluded. ? hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete

Please keep the comments fairly clean.